Wednesday, November 08, 2017

France ~ September 2017

Our fabulous group. Picture in Nice, France
I spent two fabulous weeks in France in September 2017. It was my reunion trip with The Blue Walk, and all 14 of the students were returning friends who'd traveled with me before.

We started Nice, France.
Nice is a wonderful city. And the light....
And the men in Nice wear the most colorful pants! 
my journal page from Nice
We visited the Matisse museum too. 
Teaching and painting in Menton, France

My journal page from Menton

Gelato makes me happy!
Villa Rothschild
One of my favorite places....
My rendition of the Villa Rothschild

our group, painting at Villa Rothschild, St Jean de Cap Ferat, France

Me and my husband at Villa Rothschild
And then to Antibes, the market and the Absinthe bar.

Our group before Absinthe 

Our group, in the Absinthe bar in Antibes, France (after Absinthe)

my collection of Absinthe spoons


Edouard Manet  
 L’Absinthe (1875) 

Me, teaching on the train from Nice to Paris
If you missed it, you can see my whole French Journal/Sketchbook here.

Next on my blog, photos from Paris.




2 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Je suis heureuse que vous ayez passé d'agréables moments dans le sud de la France. Je me trouvais là pendant votre séjour...
    Vos croquis sont adorables... Merci pour ce joli partage.

    Gros bisous 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun, Jane.
    Inspiration everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails