Tuesday, January 08, 2013

from my sketchbook ~ winery visit

from my sketchbook
from my sketchbook ~ by Jane LaFazio

winery
Husb and I sketch together
Husb and I went over to Bernardo Winery to hear the free Jazz concert and do a little sketching. Oh, oh yeah, it's a winery, so why not a glass of wine too.
from my sketchbook
I did all the ink drawings first, straight to ink, no pencil first
from my sketchbook
Then I sketched the vine, in water soluble pencil right over the ink drawings. (I didn't mean to have it centered, but oh well. It's a sketchbook!)
from my sketchbook
When I got home, I knew the page needed something else, so I tried something new. I drew circles in pencil, on the background, then filled them in with different shades of green, in watercolor.

from my sketchbook
Not the most successful page in the world, but the concept is a good one, and I'll pursue it.
from my sketchbook
IMG_0038
not sure how Buddy feels about it.

8 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get better at sketching and painting in my journal. I always take a sketchbook and watercolor pencils when I travel. It helps me to see the steps you followed. Thanks for taking the time to post the separate photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy is lovely..we have no cats at the moment but our neighbours two cats seem to think this is their home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoy seeing your sketches - Buddy looks like a Triffid might leap out of the page at him !! Happy new year ! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, Buddy is a critic, I see! Well he's beautiful so I guess that's part of his charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get better at this all the time. I like to watch how you experiment and develop new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful! Music(and free at that!), great company(your hubby), wine(yummy!) and your art journal...beautiful artwork cause by creative juices...a delicious and delightful outcome! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is not strictly art 101, but I can't tell you how much my brain just loves "centered" motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!!! Jane you are so inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails