Tuesday, December 25, 2012

egg carton flowers ~ my new obsession

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio
more egg carton flowers!
Buddy helps with the photo shoot

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio
What do you think? should I paint them, or leave them organic?
more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

more egg carton flowers!
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

egg carton flower gift tags
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio
Gift tags!
egg carton flower gift tags
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio
There's a egg carton flower tutorial here, and porcelain- looking egg carton flowers here and egg carton succulents here. I'm loving makin' stuff with egg cartons!
egg carton flower gift tags
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

egg carton flower gift tags
"EGGcellent Flowers" by Jane LaFazio

17 comments:

  1. I really like the organic color of them. But I also like when you color them.............I think the ones on the boxes would look nice in a color.

    You are having fun with this aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love x 18!

    When I get back to Manila (Merry Christmas from Guam!), I'll see what I can do with my stack of clear plastic egg cartons...... See how that goes. =)

    Merry Christmas!
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting these pictures and the tutorials. I am always looking for projects that I can do with my 8 year old grandson. I showed him your pictures and he can't wait for us to get started. All the Christmas baking left me with the empty egg cartons so we are ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I love these flowers and want to make some but until I run out of eggs (and buy some in cardboard cartons)I will have to make them from a blue styrofoam carton. Yes, it can be done, but not as cool. They might be OK for Easter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merveilleuses créations...

    Je vous souhaite un très joyeux noël et une heureuse année 2013.

    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely paint them... maybe paint the flowers but not the boxes, or vice-versa? Or paint flowers but not leaves? Any way... they're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flowers make a very attractive decoration Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project - unfortunately I use all my egg cartons for my seeds, but if I have some left I'll try these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever! I can picture some of that burlap glued to the surface of the paper mache box to add texture to the box...:>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the flowers on the newsprint boxes. Was thinking you could put a thin layer of newsprint in the flowers and use on the gift tags. Everything you do is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how perfectly lovely!

    Egg cartoons always seem to good to throw away ... what a wonderfully inspiring use of that cardboard!

    A treasured ornament on our Christmas tree is an egg carton "mushroom" (red top with white dots, natural stem) that my German mother made many many years ago ...

    Thank you for sharing these and I would Love to see a few in colors too as they have a fiesta feel to them that is so pretty!

    Hope your Christmas was merry and bright!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the texture in them so leave them as is. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love these the way they are - very organic looking! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just wondering today how to dispose of the dozen egg cartons I had saved for my best friend, who died early this month. This would be a nice tribute to her. She'd have loved them! Do you just glue them together? Thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  16. simply adorable,great persistent work!i love them!paint them!!!grey is freezing marble,beautiful,distant.... your painted flowers left me open mouthed!great use of colors for everyone's soul!just sprinkle some life into them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails