Tuesday, June 05, 2012

great time at CREATE in SoCal


CREATE mixed media retreat
Yoga Poses in Public Places (in front of my art quilts at CREATE in SoCal)
I'm just home from teaching at CREATE in Southern California. What a good time! Great students, great venue, lots of creativity and laughter! One of the best overall retreat experiences I've had.
rc student work  rc student work 1
rc student work 2  rc student work3
I taught Recycled Circles (a few student pieces above). I love how every piece is different. (I'll be teaching Recycled Circles at CREATE in Chicago on Friday, August 24)
rc 3
Happy Student!
rc journal too
This student was working in her sketchbook during each of the classes she took. Collaging  or painting whatever she was doing in class. I love this idea!
instructor recep
CREATE instructors reception with Jacqueline Newbold, Joanne Sharpe, Kari McKnight Holbrook, Jenn Mason, Pam Carriker, Laurie Mika, Alisa Burke, Jeannie Moore, Lisa Thorpe,  Robin Dudley-Holmes, Dawn DeVries Sokol, Helen Shafer Garcia and Barbara Delaney.
CREATE mixed media retreat
Me at the Artists Faire. Thank you everyone who bought by artwork!
sketch and stitch student7
Student work~  "Free Spirited Free Motion"    

sketch and stitch student 3
Student work~  "Free Spirited Free Motion"   
This was my first time teaching the all day "Free Spirited Free Motion" class and it was a hit! So much fun and I think all the students really enjoyed it, and 'got it!'  I'll be teaching this same class (under a different name) for two days at the Fallbrook School of Arts December 7 and 8th.
sketch and stitch student8
Happy students in my "Free Spirited Free Motion" class

danille from oma
Danielle Susalla Deery making s'mores at the hotel
CREATE took place at the Hyatt Regency Irvine, a beautiful hotel with an exceptional staff. (They even had s'mores ingredients for the guests to roast over the outdoor fire pit!) Next year's CREATE will be held in the same hotel (yeah!) May 29-June 2. Mark your calendars.

1 comment:

  1. Jane, I loved getting to spend time with you in Irvine! Your art is amazing, and you are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails