Friday, May 11, 2007

Anais Nin

I really believe in this quote by Anais Nin.
"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage."

In my life, I've been an international flight attendant (in the 70s), a guest on a game show "Hollywood Squares" in 1988 and jumped from an airplane tandem skydiving from 12,000 feet in 1992.---Courageous, in my world. But now, my courageous acts are smaller, but equally meaningful to me. I teach a workshop I've never taught before, I speak in front of a large crowd, star in a DVD teaching my art quilt techniques, submit my art to magazines, and most of all, I try to say 'YES' to challenges and opportunities that interest me.

2 comments:

  1. ..and you left out that you lived in Alaska & Wyoming working for the park systems before that, drove a burgundy convertible sportscar and rode a motorcycle in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the 70s. Fell off a cliff and recovered... and tap danced..

    maybe the dippity do, bobby pins, Beatles albums, and cosmo empowered you early on...or the big-as-life poker playing Clark Gable in your room were inspiration.

    "...the Sun'll come out, Tomorrow ~ bet your bottom dollar that Tomorrow There'll be sun...So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow Come what may ~ Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya Tomorrow! You're always A day A way!" --and you liked musicals too.. Love ya sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on all your artisit outreaches! It takes so much to market our artistic skills and products!
    I just re-read your article in last month's CPS...I do "cut and "paste" to collect images which later come out in paintings...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails